One of the most common problems family caregivers face is trying to juggle their job responsibilities with their caregiving responsibilities. In fact, 60% of family caregivers are employed – and two-thirds have had to make some adjustments in their work life because of their caregiving role. We know that when family caregivers reach out for assistance, they are better able to take care of themselves and their loved ones while holding onto their jobs. Some caregivers have enough flexibility in their jobs to handle both roles. Some decide to leave the workforce or work part-time. There is so much to consider. These resources are useful for the family caregiver who is also holding a job.
- Independent Living Assessment
- Plugged In Caregiving: A Technology Guide for Family Caregivers
- 40/70 Rule
- Communicating Effectively with Healthcare Professionals
- Financial Planning for Family Caregivers
- Care.com: Respite Care
- Patient File Checklist
- Doctor’s Office Checklist
- How to find a support group
- Eldercare Locator
- Medication Checklist
- Asking for Help
- Learning to Think Like a Care Manager
We hope you will take a moment to join the Caregiver Action Network for free so that you can take advantage of all that CAN has to offer.